About the Level Test
If you would like to do translation work at Conyac, please take the “level test” to see where your translation level is at.
At Conyac, there are 5 different translation level status, and the type of jobs available as well as the reward amount differs depending on the level.
Some job offers cannot be accepted unless you have passed the level test, and since those who have passed the test are more likely to be hired, chances of receiving job offers become high. Large scale jobs with high rewards especially have a tendency to give priority to those who have received high status in the level test. Therefore, it is highly recommended to take the level test.
Transactions on the web without meeting face-to-face can make one feel uneasy, but taking the level test to prove your skills becomes a reliable factor for the client when making an offer.
Also, since you can get useful advice from Conyac level test reviewers, taking and passing the level test not only heightens your skills, but it is the first step towards receiving more jobs.
What is a translation status?
How to use Standard Request
Level tests currently available
**Please note that level tests are not available for all language pairs.
Level Test Format
The level test at Conyac consists of translating the original document of a certain length (see below) while following the translation guideline.
- Original documents in Japanese, Chinese, Korean: about 1200~1500 characters
- Original documents other than Japanese, Chinese, Korean: about 2500~3000 words
The translation is to be directly entered online on Conyac. The allotted time will be shown on the screen, so please submit your translation within the time slot. Please note that we do not accept translations submitted by email in formats such as Word. Such submissions will not be graded.
View Sample past test (English >> Japanese)
To take the level test
- Account settings >> Language settings >> Register the languages you understand>> Turn on “Receive Translation Requests”
- When you reload, “Level Test” will be added to the header menu […▼]
- Tests that are currently available can be seen from the “Level Test”
- You must register your profile and go through ID verification in order to take the test.
- When taking the level test, please read the instructions on the screen carefully, follow the translation guidelines, and submit your test within the allotted time.
Level Test Result
Once you have submitted your test, you will receive the result by email about a week or so later (there may be a delay in getting the results depending on the number of people taking the test).
Along with the result, the level test reviewer will give you helpful advice to further brush up your skills.
Even if you don’t pass the test, you will be able to retake the test after a certain period of time. You can check when you can retake the test from the level test page.
You can also retake the test if you were not able to submit the test within the allotted time.